Friday, April 6, 2012

Revamp Old Shoes

My old shoes need a new look. The reason:my dog at the heel!






This is Penny
(the shoe eater)













Here is a step by step guide on how I revamped my shoes.


The heel is obviously destroyed!









Next I cut off the remaining leather that covered both heels.



I added a coat of gloss enamel paint (this is actually a model car type of paint I borrowed from my kids!)

Then I hammered the bottom of the heel back on. I took the bottom from another old pair of shoes. I added rhinestones for sparkle! Rhinestones on shoes seems to be quite popular now, so I thought I would try it!

I used a craft glue to stick them to the heel. Any craft glue that is waterproof and dries clear will work. You can get craft glue from walmart for about $2.00.

I added some lace and made some bows for the back of the shoe. The glue dries clear and the picture shoes the wet glue. It almost has a bluish tint.

Here are the bows I made with the extra lace and silver ribbon. I attached them with the craft glue to the back. The glue sets fairly fast!
That's it! A super easy (and shiny) fix to torn up shoes! They were still not quite dry, but you get the picture. They look much better in person!

 
Xoxo,

Brandi abcdfghijklmno







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!