Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Inspiration : A bit of 40's flair

I think we set a date for our "wedding" finally. I have been going back and forth trying to decide. I say "wedding" because we decided not to have a big ordeal. We are just going to have our family and a few friends join us as we say our vows.

We decided that we wanted to have the small ceremony outside, and it will more than likely be by a lake (he proposed at the lake). Since we really didn't want to make a fuss out of anything I decided that I wasn't going to get a long and formal wedding gown, but that I would stick to something more fun!

I love the romantic style of the 1940's! I always have. I have the most beautiful picture of my grandmother from 1946. It is one of my favorite pictures! All of her pictures amaze me! She was a teenager in the 40's and also married my grandfather in the 40's! I could listen to her stories all day long, and have loved hearing them for the past twenty-nine years!
(Of course it looks blurred here)
Without going on and on about family history ( though I could) here are a few inspirational pictures I picked out for our special day. My favorite color (of course) is pink, so that will be my pop of color! I also love the look of the birdcase veil. It has a 40's feel and isn't too formal! I plan on making my own veil, and will show a tutorial soon!
Wedding Idea's

In addition to the veil I am also going to custom make my bouquet (I even thought about making the cake too). Hope you like my inspirational photos! I will keep you updated on the plans for our special day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. aww your grandmother is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have that pattern!! I just made it from some pictures Awesome. I'm working on some things, then I'm starting on some 40's shorts! I love the 40's too. But I've always been vintage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how they turn out! I'm trying to figure out how to make some shorts also!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!