Saturday, August 10, 2013

Makeup Must Haves

I love makeup! That is definitely not a secret! I love to try new products and finding great deals. Regardless of the products I try I always keep my basics or "must haves"! Here is a guide to some of the items on my must have list! Below are a few different selections of each item.


makeup must

 
 
Left to right and top to bottom:
 
1) Concealer- I always keep a basic concealer on hand. This is great for problem areas and dark circles. You can also use a dab of concealer as a shadow base if you don't like regular primers.
 
2) BB Cream- This is a primer used under your foundation. I don't use this all the time, but on certain occasions when I want extra coverage and to look flawless I add this in my routine before applying my foundation.
 
3) Foundation- There are so many varieties of foundation. Use what works best for you. I am currently using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse and I love it!
 
4) Powder- This also comes in a variety of types. I usually go with a pressed powder. This helps set your foundation.
 
5) Eyebrow Pencil or Fillers - Makeup looks ten times better when you make sure your eyebrows look their best. I am currently using Glimmersticks in Blonde from Avon. It fills in any sparse areas and makes my eyebrows look manicured! Love it!
 
6) Eyeliner- I actually use several types of eyeliners depending on the look I'm going for. I have a gel liner, liquid liner, and a classic pencil eyeliner.
 
7) Mascara- I have naturally light eyelashes, so mascara is a must. I like lengthening and plumping mascara.
 
8) Shadow Primer- This isn't an absolute must, because as I mentioned before a dab of concealer or even foundation will also help prime for shadow. I do always use some type of primer when wearing shadow. Primer helps the shadow go on smoother for a more polished look. It will also help your shadow last longer!
 
9) Shadow- I love playing with different shadows! I suggest that everyone own the basic or neutral tones. I also think you should get some fun colors to play with as well! Shadow can totally transform your look!
 
10) Blush, Bronzer, Contour, etc- I always keep a blush and bronzer on hand. Blush I apply to my cheeks for a sun kissed glow and bronzer I use to contour and add dimension. You can even get these in a duo compact if that works best for you!
 
11) Lip Liner- I like to keep lip liner on handy. This helps prevent your lipstick from smearing outside the lip area and will also help it last longer!
 
12) Lipstick and Gloss- Lipstick is another makeup item that can transform your look. I have shades ranging from deep reds, hot pinks, and nude tones. If you haven't experimented with different lip shades you should! You might be surprised with what you end up loving!
 
13) Tools - Ok this is one of the most important things in your makeup must haves! If you don't have the right tools you won't be able to apply properly! Make sure you grab a variety of brushes for each makeup application. Here is a sample of which brush does what via pinterest!
 



 
What's in your list of makeup must haves? I would love to hear! Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!