Thursday, January 17, 2013

Get Amazing Hair : Quick Tips for Everyone

hair


I have always been the kind of person to try out new products for my hair. I'm pretty sure I have tried almost everything there is out there from hot oil treatments to various hair masks and conditioners. If you looked in my shower and under the counter you would swear I owned a salon. The truth is I don't need half of what I have!

I've been on a mission to get the hair I want. I've had so many cuts, colors, and styles over the years. I'm currently in the process of growing it out again which has not been fun! I have gone from my natural dark blonde to bleached blonde then dark brown. Somewhere in there it has also been a deep red shade, had highlights and low lights, or even streaks. Currently I am back at my natural color.

Over the years I have learned what works for my hair and what doesn't! I have started a new routine recently and can already tell a huge difference in my hair. I must say there has been a great improvement! Here are a few tips to help you get amazing hair!

hair

1) Find a Shampoo, Conditioner, or Cleanser that works for your hair. (Sleek, Curly, Volume, Clarifying, etc). It is best not to shampoo your hair everyday, but if you have overly oily hair sometimes you might need to. When skipping shampoos I've found that using a dry shampoo helps greatly! Spray the dry shampoo on your roots, rub in slightly, and you're done!


When I shampoo my hair I focus the shampoo at the roots where the oil tends to be. Conditioning is focused on the mid and ends. Conditioner can tend to leave your hair feeling heavier or weigh it down. Using it on these specific areas will help your hair look fuller and not leave your strands looking limp!

2) Ok, as I mentioned I've tried tons of various products. A few years ago I had an incident with over processing my hair (meaning I fried it and actually had a chunk fall out! This was bad!). While trying to find a "cure" for my mishap I came across Cholesterol. This is great for all hair types! This conditioning cream will work wonders! It is a great deep conditioner and will strengthen hair!

I use Cholesterol on my hair about every two to four shampoos. After I shampoo my hair I apply the Cholesterol. I leave usually leave it in my hair while I finish my shower then rinse it out and apply my regular conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling amazing!

3) Coconut Oil was something I really didn't think would work. You can find all natural/organic coconut oil anywhere from Walmart, Target, Grocery stores, or even vitamin stores. The cooking section will carry Organic Coconut oil and tends to be cheaper than other sections. Just make sure that there are no other ingredients except pure coconut oil!

I have somewhat oily hair so the thought of putting more oil in my hair didn't really sound like that great of an idea. Regardless I decided to try it. It couldn't hurt right? Wow! It was amazing! You would not believe how soft and manageable my hair was. There was no excess oil left in my hair at all and after the first use my hair looked great!

I applied the oil to the middle and ends of my hair and left it on for about 10 minutes. Then I shampooed like normal. You can alternate between Coconut oil and Cholesterol for some really amazing hair!

4) Biotin has been known to strengthen your hair and nails. It also helps to improve the look of your skin. Not only does it help the look of your hair, but also helps in the growth process. You can pick this up at your local grocery store, drug store, Walmart, or vitamin shop. All you need to do is follow the directions on the bottle! That's it!

5) I have tried tons of smoothing creams that claim to help frizz. What usually happens is my hair ends up looking greasy and gross. I really love the Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves cream. I apply a little dab and it really controls the frizz!

Any frizz control cream can cause your hair to look oily if not applied properly. Just remember a little goes a long way!

I hope some of these tips help! Let me know if you try them out and what your results are! I will do a post on styling product I love too so check back for that!



Xoxo,

Brandi

 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. These are really solid tips! I have grown my hair out from a pixie cut since Dec 2010 when my hair was 3" long! It's now past my shoulders with the help of Biotin, coconut and sunflower oils and proper care.

    Thanks for the love on my blog. I am new follow of your's and I you will be, too! :)

    nauticalowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!