Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fringe Purse DIY : This is Easy!

I can't sew! I know I have said this a million times, but it's totally true! I found these scraps of leather (totally free) and decided I would keep them for a random craft project. I didn't really think I would be attempting to make a purse, much less one with fringe detail. It was actually easier than I thought. Here is my quick how to! The project took under two hours, but if you can actually sew and have a sewing machine I think it will go much faster!


1) Get your fabric/leather scissors, zipper, needle, thread, etc!

 
 
2) Flip fabric inside out and sew together bottom and sides. Keep the top open! Once you have done this turn the purse right side out.
 
 
3) Once you have flipped the bag now attach your zipper. I didn't get a chance to photograph this step!
 

4) I measured three separate pieces of fabric to cut the fringe. Each section was the same length. You can decide what size you want your bag to be and go from there. Mine is 8in. Cut strips in your fabric/leather to make the fringe look.


5) This is how each of your three fringe pieces will look. I then attached them to the purse in rows about 2.5 inches apart starting at the top of the bag. You can see where they are attached in the photos below.
 
 
6) I grabbed some silver hardware and cut two smaller leather flaps. These will be used to attach the strap. Place the circle into the flap, fold over, and sew. You will then attach them to your purse.
 
 
7) Follow the step in number six to attach your strap.
 
 
8) Just for fun I added a fringe detail to the edge of the zipper while I was attaching the straps and hardware.
 
 
9) That's it! You're done! Now you have a super cute fringe purse ready to go! I think I can totally rock this bag! What do you think? Did I do ok for my first attempt at leather and purse making?
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I wanna totally make this!

    Follow me? http://chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this bag! I love it! Thanks for posting this DIY project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!