This was a great sturdy wood piece, but needed some work! One of the drawers was out and in pieces. This was an older piece and also needed some updating!
I really didn't like the drawer pulls, so I knew those had to go!
There were a few dings scratches that we filled in with wood putty. If you ever need to fix wood this stuff is great. You can pick it up at any hardware store or Walmart. It's very affordable!
We took out all the drawers and prepared to sand down the places that needed repair.
Then my husband put the broken drawer back together!
We had some flat black paint so decided to go with that just to see how things would turn out.
After we had a matte finish dresser I wanted to add a little bit of flair! I used one of my stencils and some gloss black paint to add detail!
Now time to add the hardware! These are chrome fixtures, but unfortunately didn't turn out too great in the picture! We lost the daylight so finished inside!
This was a fun project and we now have more clothes storage! We can always use that!