There are several trends I love, while others I plan to steer clear of! Just because I don't like something doesn't mean the next person won't love it. You can't be a slave to trends! Another important factor is knowing your body type. What looks good on one person might not look good on another. Here are a few trends I will not be following!
1) Crazy Shoe Trend- I will not be wearing the no heel platform for any reason! I will also not wear anything that resembles old combat boots or crazy flat platforms. These trends are not me at all!
2) The Mom Jean High Waist Short- Again this for me is a no! I have never liked this style and I know it wouldn't look good on me under any circumstance! I am not a fan of the light stonewashed torn look.
3) Crop Tops- This again is not my style! I can't see myself feeling comfortable wearing a crop top. If you feel uncomfortable in something it will show and no matter what your body looks like it will not be flattering!
4) Loud Floral Shorts- These bright vivid shorts would look terrible on me! I don't mind florals, but in this print I am saying no! You have to be aware of your own style and what makes you look good! These would make me look terrible!
5) The Crazy Pointed Nail - I love doing manicures and pedicures. I don't mind squared nails, oval nails, or semi rounded nails. These scary points I'm afraid of! I can't imagine any reason I would ever file my nail in this shape! The Freddy Kruger look is a big no for me!
Please keep in mind these are my personal opinions of MY STYLE! I am not trying to define anyone else's style or fashion opinions. If you love these trends and can pull them off then more power to you! I am only stating what my style is! We are all different, and that is a good thing! Being different is what makes you YOU!
Everyone should have fun with trends, but remember to stay true to your unique and individual style! Don't lose yourself in what others think is cool! A true fashionista doesn't conform! Love your style and have fun with it!