Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pushing Thirty

Ok, the time is getting closer. It seems like yesterday I was turning eighteen, or twenty-one, then twenty-five. Where has the time gone?

So much has happened over the last several years, and now here I am pushing thirty. Wow! I'm really turning thirty. I think back to high school and the years that followed, and wonder to myself if anyone else had or has these same feelings. Is thirty that big of a deal? It's just a number right?

On my birthday last year I told everyone that I would just continue to have "Happy 29 Again" birthdays. I have since changed my mind.

I have been through so much in my lifetime. To be honest the things I've dealt with are more than most 30 year-olds. I have earned every gray hair (ok so I did find a few, but they are now a shade of brown!) and every frown line or wrinkle. I have earned the stretch marks, the scars, and the bruises. I have earned the tears, broken hearts, laughter, and smiles. I have been on one heck of a ride, and have somehow always been ok. God has always guided me through.

I may not be where I want to be in life. I may not be in the career I dreamed of or live the lifestyle I envisioned for myself. I'm fine with that though! I have come so far and I am proud of who I am! I am a wife, mother, daughter, granddaughter, sister, and friend. I am loving , caring,  loyal, creative and unique. I am proud of these things. I am proud of who I am. I am proud to turn thirty!

So no, I will not have another "Happy 29 Again" birthdays. I'm thirty! I earned my stripes. My life is far from over. Thirty is the beginning! I am starting an entirely new chapter in my life! A chapter filled with excitement, love, and bright beginnings. The countdown has begun. I'm ready for all the wonderful new things that thirty will bring! I'm ready for change!




Xoxo,

Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!
    It's nice to hear that you miss my posts!! Thanks
    It's been crazy lately but everything is ok!
    When is your birthday?
    Have a great day!
    http://robertascoolestplaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!