Saturday, August 4, 2012

Listen Up Ladies! It's YOU time!

Wow! I feel like I don't have any time for myself these days. Things are coming at me in all directions. I need a vacation from summer vacation!
It is so important for women to take care of themselves. I don't care if you are single, married, a mother, sister, or daughter you need to take time for you! Women sometimes think that they constantly need to put everyone first. I am guilty of the same thing. We fail to realize that if we don't take care of ourselves and what we need we won't be capable of doing anything for anyone else.
I have neglected my needs for the last couple months, and it has caught up with me. Realizing this I decided it was time to make a few changes. These changes will benefit everyone. Because I am going to take the time I need I will be better to help with others needs.


Here are a few tips and ideas to help you take time for you!

You Time

Our schedules can be hectic, but that is no excuse for making time for yourself. Pick an hour a day or even a day out of the week for you time. Let your family, friends, spouse, or anyone else know that this time is for you. Period!

Relax

Take your time to relax and revive yourself. Write in your journal, read a book, take a hot bath, give yourself a pedicure, or just sit and think! Take this time to do something that you enjoy. Put your phone on silent and stop checking your emails! These things can wait! The point of this is to just relax and gather your thoughts!

 

Avoid Distractions

If you are in a a house filled with people or even one person that likes to have your undivided attention you might want to go somewhere else! Take a walk or go somewhere you enjoy. You can't gather your thoughts or have time to reflect on things when someone constantly disturbs you. This one is hard for me! I will explain to my youngest son (he's 8) that I am trying to relax or even work on a few things. He will be in and out of the room three times within twenty minutes. Locking the door doesn't really work that well either, because he will keep knocking! This is when you need to get away!

Hold off on Work Related Chores

Take a break from work! This is only for an hour or a day you chose! Keep your email closed! Stop doing research, silence or turn off your phone, and stop thinking about work! I don't care if you work from home or are at a full time position. Just stop for a minute! Stay at home moms, you need to stop too! Raising your children is a full time job in itself! This is you time, so stop focusing on what to cook for dinner, what errands you need to run, and everything else! It can wait!


Delegate Tasks and Chores

As women we think we need to take on full responsibility of everything that goes on in our household. Stop! If you have a spouse, children, or are living with someone else then it's time to delegate some of the day to day tasks! This will free up so much time and will give you peace of mind to know that not everything is resting on your shoulders! My oldest son is responsible for taking out the trash daily, dishes, and cleaning his mess! The youngest is responsible for daily recycling, checking the mail, and wiping down the table. They are both responsible for picking up after themselves and cleaning their own rooms. The dishes and trash alone save so much time throughout the week!
I hope you find some of these helpful and will take some time for you. I plan to start a regular feature on "You Time". This new regular post will help all of us ladies learn to relax and take time for ourselves. I bet once you start taking care of YOU there will be a big difference! Let me know how you plan to spend your YOU time!


Photobucket



4 comments:

  1. This is very good advice! You def need to take out to take care of yourself!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I actually had the exact same realization and so I decided to quit my too stressful job and enjoy my summer! It was the best move I've ever made :)
    I hope you're having an amazing summer and taking some of your own advice!

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my i love love love this!!! exactly what i needed to read! thank you!! will def try these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!