Who would have thought it would have taken so long to finish a ten day challenge! Life happens though! Here are my three films. This is hard because there are so many to choose from!
1) Clerks II: My sister and I used to watch this movie and crack up the entire time! My teen years were spent watching Kevin Smith's movies, so this one is one of my favorite's.
2) The Boondock Saints: Love this movie!
3) Girl's Just Want To Have Fun: I watched this 80's movie last night. It cracked me up! Watching this reminded me of the crazy styles back then. The dances were pretty funny too! Besides reminiscing on the funny dance moves and styles it did have a cute story!
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I was going to try to get this posted yesterday, but things didn't work out the way I planned! Here are last weeks photos via instagram!
1) Penny trying to sleep 2) A few new Sinful polishes I bought 3) Animal Prints 4) Mitten's 5) Mitten's trying to sleep in my purse 6) Jewelry 7) Evan looking at the fish 8) Bay and the neighbors cat 9) A visit to my grandma's house. 10) Grandma's old glider on her porch 11) Rails on porch 12) Old pics of my grandparents. I love visiting her house. There are so many memories!
1) Pineville/Charlotte, North Carolina- Growing up my grandparents took me to Carowinds several times each summer. Many of those trips we stayed at the same Holiday Inn in Pineville which is a few miles outside of Charlotte. The mall was directly across the street from the Carolina Place Mall and a great restaurant called Tony Roma's. Through the years I have continued to go and still stay at that same Holiday Inn. I love the memories Pineville has for me!
Inside the Mall
2) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina- Myrtle Beach also has so many memories! My family and I went there several times a year. My grandmother, mother, and I used to drive to Myrtle Beach just to go shopping some weekends. I still love going there! We took the kids there last year and they had a blast!
This is our hotel and a shark in the walk through at the Ripley's Aquarium.
It was so neat being able to be completely under the water!
2) Orlando, Florida- I loved family vacations here too! I haven't been since I was really young, but I remember every detail. I loved having all of us there together. Disney world was amazing to me at such a young age. I think it's time to take a trip with the kids!
This was so long ago! The top is a much younger me with my grandparents and the bottom is my mother, myself, and grandfather. Can you see the Mickey Mouse in the flowers behind us?
4) Italy - I have never been, but I would love to go one day!
5) My Grandparents house - No matter what was going on in my life my grandparents house was like a safe haven. I loved going there! I spent so much time there growing up and so many summer nights in the back yard playing as my grandparents sat on the swing. I miss those days!
A young me and granddaddy, me and Gran, the three of us when I was 20. All at their house.
6) Anywhere- To be honest it really doesn't matter where I am as long as I'm with my family! They are my everything!
Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your week is going great so far!
I haven't worked on my blog too much since the car accident. I must admit I've been pretty exhausted and sore. My leg is still bandaged and I'm having quite a bit of pain. I had back surgery a few years ago and my sciatic is acting up again. I pray it will get better and that I will be good as new soon! Here are seven wants in no particular order.
1) For my children to live long healthy lives. For them to depend and rely on God because He will lead them in the direction they should go.
2) To heal and get back to normal (whatever normal is!). I want to get healthy and lose some weight in the process.
3) To follow my dreams and work harder on the goals I set for myself.
4) To stop having panic attacks!
5) A closet the size of a full size bedroom. ( I can't help it. I love clothes, shoes, and purses!)
6) To make sure my friends and family know how much I love and appreciate them.
7) To further my career and be successful.
Sorry this was such a short post! I hope I will feel better soon and get back on track! If you haven't heard about the car accident yet you can read about it HERE. I hope everyone is having a great Monday!
I still can't get the accident out of my head. I am so thankful God was watching over us. It was a pretty bad wreck and we were smashed between two cars. It's amazing we weren't hurt worse.
My sister, myself, and my two boys went by and picked my husband up from work. Lauren (my sister) was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and Ty and the kids were in the back. We had just left his job and were only a few miles away from home.
On the way down the road we notices a wreck, but traffic was still moving at a normal pace. Lauren was about two car lengths behind an SUV, when that driver decided to slam on brakes in the middle of the road to look at the other wreck. I had just enough time to scream and say a quick prayer before we smashed into the back of the SUV going 45 with no time to brake.
I didn't have on my seat belt because it had just broken, but everyone else did (thank God). I threw my hand against the roof of the car to brace myself and the other across the back seat and half on my sister. Tyler heard my scream and wrapped his arm around me from the back seat. The crash was the most horrible sound and the impact was unbelievable. The car was filled instantly with smoke. I thought for sure that the explosion was me going through the windshield, but it was the dash exploding and the air bag deploying. That was a split second before the second horrible crash when the car behind us hit us.
The headlights were thrown from the car, along with the emblem, and random scattered parts and pieces of metal. Red paint chips were everywhere, the hood of the car was cracked about half way across, and the radiator was pushed into the cars motor. That caused the car horn to engage and it was a steady screaming noise until my husband unhooked the wire.
I couldn't move at first. My legs felt like they were on fire and the right leg didn't really want to move. I dislodged it ( and still don't know what it was stuck on). The police from the other wreck ran across to us and had to pry Lauren's door open because it was stuck from the impact. When I opened mine a huge rush of smoke came billowing from both doors. The first thing I did was make sure my boys were ok. Praise God they were. Evan (my 8 year old) busted his lip from being jolted so hard. Bailey (my 12 year old) said he saw it coming when I screamed. He covered his face and leaned over to protect Evan. Tyler held one arm across them, used that hand to pull Lauren back, and used his other arm to hold me against the seat. They said if it wasn't for him holding me I would have gone through the windshield no question. Wow is all I can think.
I really thought it was over, I thought I was going through the glass. I thought the sound of smashing metal and screams was me being thrown from the car and all I worried about was my boys. I thought "God please don't let my boys see something like that happen to me. They will never be ok." In that split second I had to pray before we were sandwiched between the car and SUV I asked God to protect us, and He did.
When I finally moved my leg from the car I had a deep area about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide of raw meat. The skin was completely gone. Some areas were worse than others, but the burns from the air bag cauterized most of the bleeding. My leg had instantly turned purple and black. I had on a toe ring, but that and my shoe were somewhere in the car. My husband grabbed my shoe and we were all safely out of the car.
Everyone was ok, but seriously shaken up. My sister is young and she panicked. We kept trying to calm her down. I am so thankful I was with her. I can't imagine her being there alone. We all watched out for each other, and God for us. That's what our family is about. We love and protect each other no matter what the cost. Each of us in our own way disregarded our own safety for another. I praise God for keeping his steady hand on all of us.
I am so pound of my boys. They truly are a gift from God. They were so brave and so helpful and loving. They were not concerned for themselves, but for me and their aunt Lauren. Bailey held me up when Tyler had to talk with police. He also stayed to hold on to his aunt for fear she would collapse from nerves. Evan cried when he saw my leg and I reassured him everything was fine.
The EMT's looked over everyone before taking me to the hospital, which they said I had to do. They only let Tyler ride with me. I had remained calm until that point when I had to leave my kids with Lauren until their Grandma got to them. I didn't want to let them go. I didn't want to be away from them.
My mom arrived a few minutes later and they all came to the hospital. Thank God I was ok. I am just black, blue, cut, scraped, and a little burnt. Nothing that won't heal. I have to see my pulmonary doctor Monday, because they don't want me to end up with a blood clot. I had a pulmonary embolism several years ago, and am at higher risk that someone who has never had one. I know God has and will continue to watch over us and protect us as He has for all these years. We are all so thankful and so lucky to be alive and well. My sister later found my toe ring under her seat along with the rear view mirror before they towed her car. She said the ring was almost completely flat. It was a really thick sterling silver braided style band. I still don't know how that happened or how it ended up under her seat.
This wreck has taught me so many things. I know no matter what that you ALWAYS need to wear your seat belt. I don't care if you are a minute away from home. We were too! I will never let my kids ride in the front seat unless they are old enough and tall enough. Air bags are no joke! The impact from those alone causes serious damage. Kids are not built to handle that. I know that your life can be taken at any second of any day, so you need to appreciate and love those you are close to. Make sure they know how much you love them, because one day it might be too late. You never expect these things to happen, but we all learned yesterday that in a split second everything can change. I don't know what we would have done if it had been worse. Things like that just make you realize how truly lucky and blessed you are. Never take a single second for granted.
This one shouldn't be too hard. I can be a wimp at times! Usually just when it comes to something really gross or really scary! Here are my fears in no particular order:
1) Bugs. I can't stand roaches and spiders! They freak me out! Roaches are so gross and dirty and I hate the way they look. Spiders are just creepy with their eight legs and crazy bodies. It gives me the creeps! Ty and the kids were outside a few days ago and caught the biggest spider I have ever seen! I thought I was going to scream. Here is the picture.
2) Snakes. They are icky! They don't have legs and are these long slithery gross creatures! It freaks me out! I don't even like the kids toy snakes. I still have nightmares about snakes all the time.
3) Skinks/Salamanders: Ok, these things look like snakes with legs! I hate hate hate that! I'm not scared of lizards, just these things. The kids left the door open one day and we had one run into the house. I freaked out! Then it ran up into the bathroom cabinet. We thought it went through this little hole and we tore apart the bathroom to find it. It was gone (we thought it was). The next day I was sitting on my bed typing and all of the sudden it came up the wall and across my bed! Talk about scared! I made my husband barricade himself in the room until it was caught and gone!
4) Heights. They didn't bother me too much when I was younger, but now I don't like them at all! I get really dizzy being up high.
5) Bridges. Since I started having panic attacks I am terrified of bridges. I'm pretty sure it's the height again.
6) Somehow loosing all my photos. I always worry that somehow all my photos on my computer, camera, phone, etc will get deleted or lost. I keep trying to make sure they are all backed up somehow. Crazy I know.
7) Freddy Kruger. I mentioned this one before. He terrifies me. His scary face, horrible knife hands, terrible striped sweater, and that dirty hat. It gives me chills just thinking about it. Freddy vs.Jason was one of the scariest looks for him. His face and eyes gave me the creeps! Uuuhhh gross!
8) Some creepy person looking in my window. Growing up I had nightmares about the witch from the Wizard of Oz. In most of those dreams I would look through the blinds and she would be staring at me. I still worry about some crazy person staring through the window at night.
What are your fears? Have you started your 10 Day Challenge? If you have send me your link! Happy Friday!
Wet Seal has some really cute and affordable pieces in stores and online! Right now online orders are offering free shipping! Here are a few of my picks from Wet Seal! Clink on the links to find out more information on size, shipping, and store locations!
Love the color and style of this chic sleeveless top. The neon color is fun and the style is a classic!
Dollhouse is having a sale! If you spend $50 you get 25% off and when you spend $75 you save 30%! What a great deal! You should also check out the great clearance section! Check out these fun finds and shop online now to save!
This one should be easier than coming up with ten secrets! I didn't think I had ten! I am quite sure I can come up with nine loves though! Here they are in no particular order:
1) My Kids! I don't know what I would do without my two boys! They are my world. I will admit that they can drive me completely nuts at times, but that comes with the territory. Just one look at them can make me smile. No matter what they will always be my babies!
3) My Mom. She has done more for me than anyone on earth and I owe her the world! She is the most special and beautiful woman I know. For this I even brought out the old pictures lol! I love you mom! You are my hero (seriously!!!)!
4) My Grandparents. I love both of them so much. My grandfather passed away almost 4 years ago and I miss him dearly. My grandmother is still here with us and I thank God for that. Both of my grandparents have always been a huge part of my life and I love them more than they know!
5) My Sisters. Most of my followers and regular readers know I was adopted when I was 5 days old. I was lucky enough to meet my biological family many years ago and have formed a relationship with them. I have two biological sisters that I love with all my heart! I am so happy I have them in my life now!
LAUREN and LINDSEY
(top is me and Lauren and bottom is me and Lindsey. These were last summer when I was blonde lol)
6) My Followers/Regular readers! I love all of your sweet comments and emails! You guys make blogging so much fun! I appreciate all of you!!
7) Shopping. Yes, I know its typical of me! I do love to shop. From the mall to thrifting it is one of my favorite things! I love finding great pieces at amazing prices. When I go thrifting it's like treasure hunting and I get super excited to find unique pieces that I can make my own!
8) Reading. I'm a nerd, what can I say lol. I love to curl up with a good book and read. I've always had a vivid imagination, so when I read I get completely lost in the book (if it's well written). Most days I would rather read a great book than watch a movie.
9) God. Without Him I would be nothing! He has protected me and kept me safe all these years. He watches and guides me through it all! He is who makes everything possible! No matter how bad or good things get I will never lose my faith!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday! Have you started your 10 day Challenge yet? Love and kisses to you all!!